Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

Cummulative values issue when using inactive relationships

I am trying to calculate the net figure of leavers vs joiners over a time.

My primary (active) date relationship is built on the start date

my secondary (inactive) date relationship is built on leaving date

when i get my joiners which is on the primary relationship it works fine, however when i plot my leavers on a graph it is returning 1000 of rows that have no date, it looks like its counting blanks?  I dont want it to count blanks.  this is very confusing have no idea how to resolve this

CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Employees All Time'[Employee No.]),
filter(
all('Date'[Date]),
'Date'[Date] <= MAX('Date'[Date])

not working 

"Leavers", CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Employees All Time'[Employee No.]),
USERELATIONSHIP('Employees All Time'[Leaving Date],'Date'[Date]),

filter(
all('Date'[Date]),
'Date'[Date] <= MAX('Date'[Date])))

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

5 REPLIES 5
mattbrice
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Does your 'Date' calendar table include all dates as far back as the earliest date in the 'Employees All Time'[Leaving Date] column?

@mattbrice hi yes it does have all the dates, @v-yuezhe-msft can't share the data but i know what the issue is, its counting the blanks.  However I dont want it to count the blanks, how do i ignore them?  I tried not(isblank) but that seems to have no affect, however if you recreate the measure where isblank is true then you can tae that new measure and minus the blanks from the original measure, but it seems like a very unelegant way to do it.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Hi @vanessafvg,

Where do you put not(isblank) in your formula?  Do you use the following formula? You can share table with dummy data.

leavers = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Employees All Time'[Employee No.]),NOT(ISBLANK('Employees All Time'[leaving date])),
USERELATIONSHIP('Employees All Time'[leaving date],'Date'[Date]),
filter(
all('Date'[Date]),
'Date'[Date]<= MAX('Date'[Date])))

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vanessafvg,

Could you please share sample data of your table and post expected result here?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

any ideas on this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors