Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MAAbdullah47
Helper V
Helper V

Creating Measure based on the value of a type

Dear All ,

I have 2 table fields (columns) as the following:

1- Real Estate Type (RE) = (Vella,Apartment,Building and Land)

2-Area Size (AS) = numeric (square meter (SQM)).

I need to create a measure the I can put in the Report (page) date filtering with the following conditions:

If RE='Vella' , Maximum area size = 1000 SQM

RE='Apartment' , Maximum Area Size = 130 SQM ,................etc

How can I create this measure and filtering it in any level (Report or page or visual)?

7 REPLIES 7
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MAAbdullah47,

I'd like to suggest you create a selector table with "Vella" and "Apartment". Then use it as the source of slicer.
After these steps, write a measure to dynamic change displayed value based on slicer.

Below are some sample formulas.

Table formula:

Selector = DATATABLE("Type",STRING,{{"Vella"},{"Apartment"}})

Measure:

Dynamic Display = 
var selectItem=SELECTEDVALUE(Selector[Type])
return
SWITCH(selectItem,"Vella",MAX('Records'[Vella]),"Apartment",MAX('Records'[Apartment]))

Result:

10.PNG11.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you v-shex-msft for the answer

I might say the question wrong (my mistake) the Idea is each type has a dynamic value as the following data:

ID     Location      Category                        Size

1         North            Villa                          6000    

2         South           Villa                            850

3         East              Apartment                 1500

4         East              Apartment                 120

My Target is avoiding(withdrawing) the outliers for each category (cuz there is mistakes in entering the data), for example, I can make the maximum distance (2000 SQM), but this will make problem to the (apartment) category. Each category has its own type of outlier number range and I need to show statistics for both types on the same page as shown below:Case 1.png

Note The data in the picture written in Arabic but I translated it in the next lines.

In (1) I need to set some filter using IF statement to maximize the size field e.g.:

If Category = 'Villa' , Max Size = 1000 else size

If Category = 'Apartment', Max Size = 130 else size

For (2) the results show an unreasonable average size for apartments (in all areas of the country the maximum area size of apartments is (130-150).  

I hope the clarification above is clear and if you need further details let me know.

Thank You  

m,.m,m

To make it more clear, please look at the data below:

ID     Location      Category                        Size

1         North            Villa                          6000    

2         South           Villa                            850

3         East              Apartment                 1500

4         East              Apartment                 120

(1,3) should be filtered from the original data.

Thank You

In (1) I need to set some filter using IF statement to maximize the size field e.g.:

If Category = 'Villa', The Max Size should not exceed 1000.

If Category = 'Apartment', The Max Size should not exceed 130.

HI @MAAbdullah47,

So, after you select the type, you want to find out the relative max value from table, right?

Sample:

Dynamic Display =
VAR selectItem =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( Selector[Type] )
RETURN
    SWITCH (
        selectItem,
        "Vella", MAXX ( FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( 'Records' ), [Category] = Vella ), [Size] ),
        "Apartment", MAXX ( FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( 'Records' ), [Category] = Apartment ), [Size] )
    )

Then add a measure to check current value and add a tag and drag this tag measure to filter to apply the filter effect.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Now everything is clear but still one point, you said: "Then add a measure to check current value and add a tag and drag this tag measure to filter to apply the filter effect." , how this work? ( I didn't get your point)

Hi @MAAbdullah47,

According to above formula, we can get the maximum value of specific category based on slicer, right?
Since the slicer works on new table who not contains the relationship to original tables. If you need to filter not matched records, you can add a measure to compare the above value and current row value.(for e.g. return 1 if current value larger or equal to maximum value, other wise 0)
Then drag this tag measure to filter to apply the filter effect.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.