Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vikash71
Frequent Visitor

Creating App from Power BI desktop

When I am trying to make Power App from Power BI data source I am not getting option for creating new App.
It only showing to choose from my previous Apps.
How can I create Apps from Power BI data source so I can filter my BI report.Screenshot (245).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @vikash71,

Current your requirement not support on power bi desktop, please refer to below blog to know more about this:

Limitations of the PowerApps custom visual

The PowerApps custom visual is currently available in preview and has some limitations as listed below. We want to gather your feedback and solve some of the known issues before we make it generally available.

• You cannot create or modify apps when using the PowerApps custom visual in Power BI desktop, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. We recommend to publish your report to Power BI service and then use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome to create new apps or make changes to apps.
  • If your PowerApps visual has been configured with an app, and you publish newer version of the app from PowerApps studio, the open report will not reload the app automatically. You will have to reload your report to get the latest version of the app.
  • If you change the data fields associated with the visual, you will need to edit the app from Power BI service to make sure that the changes are propagated to PowerApps. You will observe unexpected behavior if the app is not edited from Power BI service to make sure that the new fields from Power BI reflect in the app.
  • There is no mechanism available in PowerApps custom visual to trigger a refresh of the Power BI report or Power BI data source. Writing back to same data source as the report using an app will not reflect the changes in your report immediately, your reports will continue to refresh as per your set schedule.
  • PowerApps custom visual cannot filter the data or send out any data back to the report.
  • You will need to share the PowerApps app separately from your report. Learn about sharing apps in PowerApps.
  • PowerApps custom visual is currently not supported on Power BI mobile app.

Announcing availability of PowerApps custom visual for Power BI (preview)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vikash71  did u find it? i see in some videos they have  'create new' option..but i dont see it either

@vikash71 wrote:

When I am trying to make Power App from Power BI data source I am not getting option for creating new App.
It only showing to choose from my previous Apps.
How can I create Apps from Power BI data source so I can filter my BI report.Screenshot (245).png

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @vikash71,

Current your requirement not support on power bi desktop, please refer to below blog to know more about this:

Limitations of the PowerApps custom visual

The PowerApps custom visual is currently available in preview and has some limitations as listed below. We want to gather your feedback and solve some of the known issues before we make it generally available.

• You cannot create or modify apps when using the PowerApps custom visual in Power BI desktop, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. We recommend to publish your report to Power BI service and then use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome to create new apps or make changes to apps.
  • If your PowerApps visual has been configured with an app, and you publish newer version of the app from PowerApps studio, the open report will not reload the app automatically. You will have to reload your report to get the latest version of the app.
  • If you change the data fields associated with the visual, you will need to edit the app from Power BI service to make sure that the changes are propagated to PowerApps. You will observe unexpected behavior if the app is not edited from Power BI service to make sure that the new fields from Power BI reflect in the app.
  • There is no mechanism available in PowerApps custom visual to trigger a refresh of the Power BI report or Power BI data source. Writing back to same data source as the report using an app will not reflect the changes in your report immediately, your reports will continue to refresh as per your set schedule.
  • PowerApps custom visual cannot filter the data or send out any data back to the report.
  • You will need to share the PowerApps app separately from your report. Learn about sharing apps in PowerApps.
  • PowerApps custom visual is currently not supported on Power BI mobile app.

Announcing availability of PowerApps custom visual for Power BI (preview)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.