Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dc189
Helper II
Helper II

Create a building infographic as shown in thumbnail on Power BI visuals page

Hello,

I am trying to create an infographic chart with the image of a building and this is what I have so far:

1.JPG

This however, does not look attractive. I want the building to not be stretched but have multiple "floors" or black squares if there are more openings in that year. Basically, I want something like this:

2.JPG

This is a thumbnail from the Power BI custom visuals page. It does not stretch the building with same number of dots but adds multiple rows of dots.

How to get this image into an infographic chart?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

HI @dc189,

Sure it's possible, not easy but if you follow the video on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8sRlqEYf7c

Starting from minute 1:00 it gives you directions on how to achieve this I just followed it and got this resut I don't have the door because I didnt add a SVG file with the layout of the building and only used a normal square as background image but got more or less what you need, Just have to mess around with the setup.

Different size buildings: 

infographics.png

Same Size buildings:

infographics_2.png

Regards

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

HI @dc189,

Sure it's possible, not easy but if you follow the video on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8sRlqEYf7c

Starting from minute 1:00 it gives you directions on how to achieve this I just followed it and got this resut I don't have the door because I didnt add a SVG file with the layout of the building and only used a normal square as background image but got more or less what you need, Just have to mess around with the setup.

Different size buildings: 

infographics.png

Same Size buildings:

infographics_2.png

Regards

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dc189,

I have tested this custom visual on my local environment, I got the same result as yours. And based on my research, there is no such an option to format the visual as you like. Since it's a custom visual, you can contact author by using the email address below.
infonice@microsoft.com

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.