Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ragoe
Frequent Visitor

Count of measure with avarage

Hi community!

I am i need of some serious help as I have starred myself blind on this matter.

I have a valuecolumn with decimal values, one value for each new date in the date colomn. I am working with averages of these values. Fx I want to know if the avarage value over a certain period is more than +1 from my target value. Target 5+1=6 and if the average of the values equals 6,2 I want to know. Thus i have a measure like this: 

OVProfile = IF([Myavg]>=[AvgProfileGraderTest];IF([Myavg]<=[AvgProfileGrader+1Test];1;0);0)

where Myavg is the average of the value, AvgProfileGraderTest is the target, AvgProfileGrader+1Test is the target +1.

This works and I can create a table showing the cases where this has happended.

Udklip.PNG

However I cannot comprehend how to count the how many cases where this is true. The table cannot Total this measure and I cannot count the measure via Calculate. If I try to count some of the other attributes with this measure as a Filter i get the wrong number. That is because my counting always counts per row (date) and not on the basis of the average from my report filter.

The datastructure is like this:

clip.gif

Help is much appreciated, thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ragoe,

Here is an artice which provides a workaround that allows us to sum the values returned by measure:

Dealing with Measure Totals

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi and thank you for the link.

But this case is another one as I see it. My measure looks at the average of a value (over many rows) and provides a 1 or 0 (true false). I cannot sum the measure and I cannot sum a calculated colomn derived from this measure as it returs a 1 for each row and not in the context like the table I showed.

I want to have a total that counts (sums the 1's) the rows showed in the table. The rows in the table are correct, but to count how many rows that are showed in this table context is beyond me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.