Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Count customers with just two products. Filter specific combinations

I will try to explain my challenge.

I have a table "All Customers" with the following columns (among others):

NAME

PRODUCT

I created another Table "Total Products by Customer". All I did was group by "NAME" and the new column "NUMBER OF PRODUCTS" is just a count, so now I know how many products each customer have:

NAME (Unique)

NUMBER OF PRODUCTS 

These two tables are related by NAME on a Both Cross Filter direction

I want to calculate a measure to know how many customers just have the combination of Product1(P1) and Product2(P2). I have tried many things this is the latest:

Number of Customers with 2 Major Products = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('All Customers'[NAME]),AND(AND(AND('All Customers'[PRODUCT]<>"P3",'All Customers'[PRODUCT]<>"P4"),'All Customers'[PRODUCT]<>"P5"),'All Customers'[PRODUCT]<>"P6")) 

I also added a slicer to filter just those with two products. The result I am getting includes or counts customers that have P1 and P2, and any combination of either P1 or P2 with other product. 2MP.jpg

I hope I was clear on my explanation.

Any help will be highly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MalS
Resolver III
Resolver III

I am sure there is a smart way to do this with DAX expressions, but there is also a trick you can use with calculated columns...

Edit Queries, then in "All Customers" go to Add Column > Custom Column and enter a formula like this:

Product Check = if [Product] = "P1" then "1" else if [Product] = "P2" then "10" else "100"

Now group by name, and create a new column by summing the Product Check column. You should see a list of names, and every name on that list where Product Check = 11 owns P1 and P2 and nothing else. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MalS
Resolver III
Resolver III

I am sure there is a smart way to do this with DAX expressions, but there is also a trick you can use with calculated columns...

Edit Queries, then in "All Customers" go to Add Column > Custom Column and enter a formula like this:

Product Check = if [Product] = "P1" then "1" else if [Product] = "P2" then "10" else "100"

Now group by name, and create a new column by summing the Product Check column. You should see a list of names, and every name on that list where Product Check = 11 owns P1 and P2 and nothing else. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response it worked. I just want to notice it is very important to remember it is case sensitive and the conditional if needs parenthesis. 

Product Check = if ([PRODUCT] = "P1") then "1" else if ([PRODUCT] = "P2") then "10" else "100" 

Thank you!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.