Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tairo
Helper I
Helper I

Couldn't load the data for this visual

I embedded 2 PowerBi dashboards in my web app by using PowerBI embedded. The PowerBI have multiple pages and all visuals are displayed except for 1 visual. It shows the text: ' couldn't load the data for this visual'. When I click on details I get the following message:

Activiteits-idf577246b-e68b-14f6-5d3e-4c5f198c2699
Aanvraag-ided32d7b2-2338-46b3-52a9-e275c94ba35a
Correlatie-id08b25648-540e-2b59-3084-1c9971f6163a
TijdFri Jun 23 2017 18:47:57 GMT+0200 (W. Europe Standard Time)
Versie13.0.1721.165

Each dashboard is connected to a seperate DB on Azure by using the DirectQuery option. For 1 dashboard all the visuals are uoloaded and it works a 100% For the other dashboard all teh visuals are uploaded exept 1. Strangely the visual is exactly the same as a visual I use in the other dasboard only is it connected to another DB. I use the 'long Text viewer' as a visual of the visual that doesn't upload.

I checked the other discussions about this topic and the solution is to remove the RLS. I cannot image this is the case because I also use RLS in the other dashboard that works for a 100%

Anybody an idea how fix this?

Regards,

Arno

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Tairo

Please clarify, when mentioning Power BI Embedded, do you mean this?

If yes, then I think the "dashboard" refers to reports in your case? What does the specific visual render if you open the pbix file in Power BI Desktop? As to RLS, can you ensure that the token that used to redender the second reports is valid? Please check the RLS setting in Power BI Desktop and decode the jwt token at https://jwt.io and verify the username and roles.

@Eric_Zhang, Thanks for your response. Yes with PowerBI Embedded I do mean the link you are referring to. So basically I uploaded the PowerBI reports I created in PowerBI desktop into a workspace collection in Azure. I add the token, reportid and report url into JS.

This is working good, because the report is uploaded in my App and I can see all the pages and visuals of the report, except for 1 graph. Data and report is automically updated once a day, so that is all good.

I checked the RLS settings  in PowerBI Desktop with the settings in the token and they match. In powerBI Desktop I am using this DAX expressions: [Name]=USERNAME().

I don't think that the RLS settings are causing my problem because I assume that all the grahps in the report will give an error if the username and role in the token are not correxct.In my case all the visuals in the report are working exept for 1.

In the graph that gives me an error I am trying to render sentences (text).

@Tairo wrote:

@Eric_Zhang, Thanks for your response. Yes with PowerBI Embedded I do mean the link you are referring to. So basically I uploaded the PowerBI reports I created in PowerBI desktop into a workspace collection in Azure. I add the token, reportid and report url into JS.

This is working good, because the report is uploaded in my App and I can see all the pages and visuals of the report, except for 1 graph. Data and report is automically updated once a day, so that is all good.

I checked the RLS settings  in PowerBI Desktop with the settings in the token and they match. In powerBI Desktop I am using this DAX expressions: [Name]=USERNAME().

I don't think that the RLS settings are causing my problem because I assume that all the grahps in the report will give an error if the username and role in the token are not correxct.In my case all the visuals in the report are working exept for 1.

In the graph that gives me an error I am trying to render sentences (text).

@Tairo

So, for other visuals, the RLS applied is the same with the specific visual? What if switch to import mode, would the visual be rendered properly?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.