Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

markdy
Advocate I
Advocate I

Couldn't Load the data for this visual. An unexpected exception occured. (Power BI Desktop)

Hello,

I received the following messages in my Power BI Desktop Visuals. The Visuals are Matrices of Custom Measures.

Now the Measures used to calcluate the Custom Measures show the same error when I select them into a visual. Any thoughts?

PowerBIDesktop_Error_Can't Display Visual_001.JPGPowerBIDesktop_Error_Can't Display Visual_002.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
ChowderChef

What  is your data source?  My  first instinct is to say  that your connection to your source is broken.

Thanks ChowderChef.

My Data Source Connection is a SQL Server Analysis Solution (Cube). I have reconnected, and I still receive the same errors. When I select the cube's measures I receive a message, "Can't display the visual.".

I'm working with the Power BI Microsoft Support team. They asked that I fix my DAX Queries and download the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

Updated 2/23/18: Looks like the visuals are back up, not sure if there was a refresh happening in the datasource. I still haven't downloaded the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.