Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jameslo30
Advocate III
Advocate III

Cortana stopped working!

Today, all of our computers can no longer access Cortana reports on PowerBI.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? - This is happening across ALL reports (none have been modified).

We are all logged into Cortana via the Accounts page in Windows and all of the reports are set to Q&A with Cortana.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jameslo30,

Can you share some detail contents about your issue? For e.g. desktop version, screenshots...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft

I am on Windows 10 Pro Version 1703.

Cortana used to work perfectly for PowerBI results for everyone in my organisation. Last week, Cortana stopped working for PowerBI requests. This happened to everyone.

I used to be able to ask a question to Cortana in respect to multiple PowerBI reports. And it would give me a result back everytime.

I have tried the following:

Re-publishing Datasets

Turned Cortana OFF and ON in the app.powerbi.com portal.

Removed my Office 365 account from Cortana and re-added it again.

I managed to get Cortana to start working with PowerBI ONLY when I add my personal hotmail.com account (which has NOTHING to do with Office 365). This makes no sense what-so-ever. I cannot create a personal Microsoft account for everyone in my organisation, along side their Office 365 accounts.

Why has it stopped working and how can it be fixed?

Thanks!

Hi @jameslo30,

I found another user already reported this at CRI 40589981, can you share some trace log about this to help troubleshooting?

I will upload your trace log to power bi team and give you the feedback.

Operation Steps:

1. Start a fresh browser session.
2. Start the Fiddler trace.

3. Execute the minimal Cortana search, and immediately stop the Fiddler trace.

Trace tool:

Fiddler - Free Web Debugging Proxy - Telerik

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I ran Fiddler, but no lines show up when I do a search in Cortana. 

Not sure if I am using the tool right. Could you remote into my session? - I am using Skype for Business if you add me.

I will PM you.

Thanks.

Hi @jameslo30,

Does your issue appears on power bi desktop? If as I said, you can't trace any session by fiddler. Fiddler is a web trace application, it not support trace any local operations.

In addition, you can also submit a support ticket for further support.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If anyone else is having this issue, we have an open ticket with Microsoft, who have esculated it to the Cortana Product team. 

The problem may go deeper than PowerBI not working with Cortana!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.