Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

s15
Helper III
Helper III

Copy two columns to a new table

Hi all,

I have a sample dataset like the one below

sales.PNG

What I need is to create a new table then copy Sales and Years column to this table. The purpose is that I will need to pivot Years column without making any change in the existing table.

What is the common DAX to use for this case? I read over the Internet and some guides suggesting to use caculated column and distinct function but I cannot seem to make it work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@s15 in power query just  right click table and duplicate and remove columns you dont need

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
fhill
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

... I'm not sure if it's exactly what you are trying to do (of if you are trying to copy the two columns to a table that already has other data)???

But if not, you can Right Click and Dupliate the entire Table in PowerBI, then delete the rows you don't need for the Pivot?

FOrrest

Did I answer your question, or help you along the way?
Please give Kudos or Mark as a Solution!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/forrest-hill-04480730/

Proud to give back to the community!
Thank You!

Currently I only have one table named financials. I need a new table names Sales where I need to duplicate data in Sales and Year column from financials table to Sales table.

Could you point me to somewhere that I can use Duplicate table. This might be an option then delete uneccessary columns.

Thank you very much.

@s15 in power query just  right click table and duplicate and remove columns you dont need

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

calerof
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @vanessafvg ,

Question, when you duplicate a table, let's say a dim table, does it get updated every time the original dim table is modified?

Thanks,

Fernando

Hi @calerof  yes, when you duplicate a table its source remains the same, so when you edit your database your duplicated table will be edited as well.

@RodrigoMachado ,

Thank you for your kind response. Nobody bothered for almost 2 years. 

Now I got it clearer.

Cheers,

Fernando

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.