Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dmlenz

Convert Date in Power BI Desktop: 2015-10-14T23:29:10.0000000Z

Hello,

I’m struggling trying to build a set of reports on a datazen generated from the stream analytics example.  I figured out how to work with azure blob data (it wasn't as easy as I hoped - parsing errors, but I made it work after a bunch of transformations).,   I’m struggling with what should be a simple task.  I want to parse the date so that I can build some time-based reports.  The date format as returned from the json stream is this: 2015-10-14T23:29:10.0000000Z

1) I tried to do a datevalue on this and I get a format error.

2) I parsed it manually and then tried a datevalue function on 2015-10-14 23:29 and I still got an error.

Any advice to coax power bi to recognize this as a date?

Thank you,
Dan

1 REPLY 1
WillT
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Dan. The query editor in Power BI should be able to parse 2015-10-14 23:29, but it might be a locale issue. Check that you're in the right date format, maybe 2015-14-10 will work! Power BI picks it up from your Windows locale. Hope this helps Will

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.