Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connecting Datasets?

I have two datasets that have a unique ID in common. Account_c from my Delta Account Dataset and Related_Account_c from my Client Revenue dataset. I was originally asked to simply link the two, so on the Client Revenue dataset, I grouped everything by the Related_Account_c field and summed the Revenue_Amount_c field. This then allowed me to create a connection between the two datasets without the "One of the tables must have unique values" error. I was then informed that I needed to keep the Revenue_Date_c column which brings me back to square one. Supervisors want to be able to look at the revenue by revenue date while simultaneously having these datasets connected so they can look at related information one dataset will have and not the other and vice versa. So now I'm back to not being able to establish a connection between the two since the Client Revenue Dataset will have the unique ID multiple times depending on the revenue date. Is there anyway around this? Here is a screenshot:

1.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

=> This then allowed me to create a connection between the two datasets without the "One of the tables must have unique values" error.

In your sceanrio, you want to create a relationship between Delta Account Dataset and Client Revenue Dataset. Right? The error means that there doesn't exist any unique values in each Dataset. Since you want to display the detailed Revenue and Date information in Client Revenue Dataset. You need to group on Delta Account Dataset and make a unique value. Then you can create a one-to-many relationship between the two Datasets.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xjiin-msft What would I be grouping by?

Hi @Anonymous,

I can't see your actual data. If it is possible, please share us your pbix file with OneDrive or Google Drive. So that I can dig deeper and provide a proper suggestion.

Thanks,

Xi Jin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xjiin-msft I've actually been able to figure it out since then. Thank you for your help!

Hi @Anonymous

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.