Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connect Power Bi to OneNote

Hello Folk,

I just wonder when Power Bi will have t he option to connect to OneNote.

Thank you in advance,

Clara Gonzalez Ginestet

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. so if in Onenote is possible to embeb the PowerBi, how can I do it? As i would like to see all the dashboard, without going to the PowerBI online. Because, so far, I was just able to attach my PowerBi model to my OneNote. However, this attachment drives me to PowerBi online. Last but not least, it is possible to play with the filter when the PowerBi is embebed in OneNote.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Clara

Power Bi embebed to OneNote.jpgOptions avbailable to embeb my Dashboard.jpg

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you resolved your issue? If you have, welcome to share your solution or mark the right reply as answer. More people will find workaround easily.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It is a security issue. So i cannot embeb my dashboard into my OneNote.

Thanks,

Hi @Anonymous,

Ok, got it, please vote the idea above, maybe the feature will come soon.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @Anonymous,

Until now, we can display the report which can be published to web in onenote. There are some limitions below when you publish report to web. So reports including items listed below can't be shown in onenote.

1. Reports using row level security.

2. Reports using Analysis Services Tablular hosted on premises.

3. Reports shared to you directly or through an organizational content pack.

4. Reports in a group in which you are not an edit member.

5. "R" Visuals are not currently supported in Publish to web reports.

And we can't see all the dashbord in onenote. From your screenshot, you just copy the .pbix file as attachment, you still use Power BI desktop if you want to open it. From your second screenshot, there is no "Publish to web" option, please double check if the reporting is related to the limitations.

Best Regards,
Angelia

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you mean in desktop you get data stored in onenote? If it does, please review and vote this feature request. If Power BI add it, the idea status will be changed completed. And please look you eye on the blog.

For displaying Power BI report and dashboard in onenote as @TomMartens posted, please review more details here.

Best Regards,
Angelia

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

wondering what you mean by, connect Power BI to oneNote.

If you have a report in Power BI service, you can embed this link in oneNote and you have a fully interactive Power BI report oneNote.power bi in oneNote.png

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

this isnt working for me? Either the one node desktop client or Onenote online.  I'm using the public URL for Power BI

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors