Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connect Onedrive pictures to Power BI service image tiles

Hello,

I am trying to add images from Onedrive to Power BI service as Image tile. 

Screenshot_1.png 

I tried to paste the copied link from Onedrive image to the image tile URL content but returns an error message.

Does anybody know the procedure to do this?

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello guys:

I'm also having trouble connecting One Drive for Business images to Power BI. I would like to know how can I get the image URL correctly. 

I have already tried 1) sharing the image link and Copy image url and 2) sharing image link and View Original. None of them seem to be working. For the second one I can view the images when I publish the Report in Power BI but when I share it with someone else, the other person cannot view the images.

Please help me!

Best regards.

The link above isn't working i also  am using one drive for business and it is not working. I have set it to anyone to access and view 'onedrive.PNGwithout sign in permissions'

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Which version of OneDrive did you use?

If you used OneDrive for personal, please generate the embed image URL and paste it to dashboard tile.

1.PNG2.PNG

If you used OneDrive for business, you need to share the image to public. Then, you can get the shared link and embed it into dashboard tile. Please have a look at this article: Embedding a OneDrive for Business file anonymously

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Yuliana Gu,

Many thanks for your response. I am using One drive for business and followed your intructions but  I cannot find any "embed" option when I open the image I want to include in Power BI tile.

Please see below the options I have

Screenshot_2.png

Do you have any idea why I cannot find the "Embed" option?

Hi @Anonymous,

As I mentioned above, for OneDrive for Business, there is no "Embed" option to generate embed code. You should share the image to public first. Please see the attached link above.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

</> symbol

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Yuliana,

Do you know if this feature is planned for the near future?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.