Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hello789567
Advocate I
Advocate I

Conditional formatting based on another cell

I have these 3 Matrix and I need to format the Current (Week/Month/Quarter) SAO values(Dark Blue) and AOV MRR(Light Blue) values based on the previous Week/Month/Quarter. Green if Greater and Red if Less. 

EX: Week 12/10 SAO's for Client Expantion Rep is 5 and Week 12/3 for Client Expantion Rep is 8 so I need the 12/10 value of 5 to be red.

Capture.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
McCow
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @hello789567

such art of formatting is with second transparent table and manipulating with font and background color possible.

One of table (top level) must be have table style as "None".
Look on simple example below:

2017-12-17_01-05-22.png

I hope its help. I left extra uneven matrix edges, that you can better see this trick.

And of course you must prepare a values of means you need (as separate measures or calculated columns).

Best regs

View solution in original post

Thank you for your response! Its looking like controllable formatting is a feature that's just not in Power Bi. I had to resort to inserting "Text Boxes" with no text and giving it a transparent background. Considering how much conditional formatting is helpful to reporting you would think it would be better.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
McCow
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @hello789567

such art of formatting is with second transparent table and manipulating with font and background color possible.

One of table (top level) must be have table style as "None".
Look on simple example below:

2017-12-17_01-05-22.png

I hope its help. I left extra uneven matrix edges, that you can better see this trick.

And of course you must prepare a values of means you need (as separate measures or calculated columns).

Best regs

Hello, the conditional format of the field is not working on the web, there is some way to be able to report this error of the platform.

I appreciate if you can help me, thanks.

Hi @Acoronado1,

do you can post a link to web-report and yours pbix-file?

Thank you for your response! Its looking like controllable formatting is a feature that's just not in Power Bi. I had to resort to inserting "Text Boxes" with no text and giving it a transparent background. Considering how much conditional formatting is helpful to reporting you would think it would be better.

Hi @hello789567,

You can create an idea here, and please mark the right/useful reply as answer, so that we can close the thread and more people will benefit from here.

Thanks,
Angelia

@hello789567 wrote:

Thank you for your response!

with pleasure!

perhaps Microsoft makes this feature better and comfortable in the nearest future

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.