Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emilialindgren9

Combine Top N with Gross Margin Filter

I want to be able to show 10 items in the report (using filter Top N - Item Style - Sales QTY), but only show items with a gross margin higher than 0.5 (using Filter Gross Margin greater than 0.5). When applying a filter for Gross Margin, the list only shows 8 items instead of ten. Most likely because that the other two top-10 styles have a gross margin lower than 0.5. But the Item Style-filter shouldn’t be affected by the Gross Margin filter. Should be able to build a report showing 10 items, no matter if I set a filter for gross margin or not? See images attached, before and after gross margin filter applied.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ljmbkj63yhzlji/Screen%20Shot%202018-02-27%20at%2009.53.10.png?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4wtgamdar6gwrh/Screen%20Shot%202018-02-27%20at%2009.57.02.png?dl=0

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @emilialindgren9,

As you add two conditions Gross Margin is greater than 0.5 and Item Style TOP 10 based on Sales Quantity in visual level filter pane, the table visual will display data both meet these two conditions at the same time. In your scenario, what you get is expected. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi! Thanks for your answer. Buf if i want to be able to build reports as my question above, how do I use the filters so the reports shows 10 rows even if i only want to show rows where gross margin is >0.5? 

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Emilia

Hi @emilialindgren9,

As long as you add these two conditions in visual level filter for table visual, the table visual will display 8 rows. To display 10 rows in table visual, you have to remove condition of gross margin is >0.5. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.