Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Recoba88
Helper III
Helper III

Combine Multiple Excel Workbooks in Power Query

Hi,

I want to combine multiple excel woorkbooks that located on SharePoint in Power Query

For example :

1. file 1

2. file 2

3. file 3

I need to see all the files in power query (all the files have the same structure)

Thanks,

Igor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

5 REPLIES 5
Recoba88
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

I want to combine multiple excel woorkbooks that located on SharePoint in Power Query

For example :

1. file 1

2. file 2

3. file 3

I need to see all the files in power query (all the files have the same structure)

I tried many ways but none of them worked

Thanks,

Igor

Hi @Recoba88,

What you can do is if you go into SharePoint using Internet Explorer and go into the location where you files are stored, there should be an option to open using "Windows Explorer"

Then you can take the link in the Address Bar and then when in the Query Editor you can select your source as a Folder. And for the location put in the link you copied from the Address Bar.

Then if you are using Power BI Desktop January 2017 or later, they now have got a Combined Binaries experience, which will enable you to combine files with different formats, but with the same structure into one table.

Here are the details: Combine binaries in Power BI Desktop

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I tried but it is not working 

20170328_153443.jpg20170328_153449.jpg

It worked, but it didn't bing all the files unfortunately, I get an error

image001 (2).png

May you help me with this issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.