Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Column with different logic/conditions in two measures

REVENUE BY SEGMENT

RevenueSegment = IF(Table[FINANCIAL_SEGMENT] IN {"Market","Channel"}, "Marketing",

IF(Table[FINANCIAL_SEGMENT] IN {"Business","Other","Self-Service","MB",  "SOHO"},"Business", Table[FINANCIAL_SEGMENT])))

Total Revenue
= SUM(Table[Revenue])

RevSeg.jpg

CUSTOMER COUNT

CustomerCount Segment =

IF(Table[FINANCIAL_SEGMENT] IN {"Market","Channel"}
 && Table[HYPERION_DEPARTMENT] IN {"Field Consulting","Sales General - Other","Sales General","Sales General - Top Accounts","Department"}, "Marketing",

IF(Table[FINANCIAL_SEGMENT] IN {"Business","MB","Self-Service","Unassigned"}  && Table[HYPERION_DEPARTMENT] IN {"Field Consulting","Sales General - Other","Sales General","Sales General - Top Accounts","Department"}, "Business")))

CustomerCount LastMonth Qtr =

CALCULATE (  DISTINCTCOUNT(Table[PARENT_ID]),DATESINPERIOD ( Table[Month], ENDOFQUARTER( Table[Month] ), -1, Month))

CustomerCount.jpg 

TBD OUTPUT

Formula = (REVENUE BY SEGMENT/ CUSTOMER COUNT)

TBD Output.jpg

The segment definitions are different for both the measures and I am also trying to show both the measures in a single matrix by segment.

Can anyone assist me? Many thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi 

After struggling with this problem, I find we should concern about the context row when using a measure.

In the third matrix, it will aggregate the measure based on the columns added to columns and rows fields.

I could only figure out a similar result as you wanted, by drilling at the lowest level of data on matrix and put some filters to the matrix.

1.png

here is pbix

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous
Since the segment definitions are different for both the measures, are the values (which is Total Revenue/ CustomerCount LastMonth Qtr) for the Value Field in the third matrix TBD OUTPUT affected by different the segment definitions?
“I am also trying to show both the measures in a single matrix by segment.” Does this mean to show RevenueSegment and CustomerCount Segment separately in a single matrix?
It would be much appreciated for you to share a pbix with me.

Best Regards
Maggie
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-juanli-msft

“Since the segment definitions are different for both the measures, are the values (which is Total Revenue/ CustomerCount LastMonth Qtr) for the Value Field in the third matrix TBD OUTPUT affected by different the segment definitions?
- Yes. That is correct.

“I am also trying to show both the measures in a single matrix by segment.” Does this mean to show RevenueSegment and CustomerCount Segment separately in a single matrix?
- No. I'm trying to show single/common segment in a matrix (not Revenue Segment and CustomerCount segment seperately)

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

pbix file

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-juanli-msft

Any update on this?

Regards,

Sai

Hi 

After struggling with this problem, I find we should concern about the context row when using a measure.

In the third matrix, it will aggregate the measure based on the columns added to columns and rows fields.

I could only figure out a similar result as you wanted, by drilling at the lowest level of data on matrix and put some filters to the matrix.

1.png

here is pbix

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-juanli-msft

Thanks Maggie. That solution worked for my requirement.
I do have a follow up requirement on this. I did post the question in the community. Can you please take a look into it and let me know if there is any solution to achieve it.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Dynamic-Rolling-Sum-4-Quarters-Trailing/m-p/416479#M191264

Thanks & Regards,
Sai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.