Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MojoGene
Post Patron
Post Patron

Clear All Slicers On Page?

I am surprised I can't find an easy solution for this. I have many pages in my reports with multiple slicers. Is there a way to clear all slicers on a page with one click? This is critical for end users, who are sometimes (frequently?) unaware that the data are being sliced. 

I have found a measure to show exactly what items are selected, which is quite useful (can't recall who I copied this from):

Matter Selected = 
IF(NOT(ISFILTERED(Matter[Matter])),"All",
CONCATENATEX(
	ALLSELECTED(Matter[Matter]),
	Matter[Matter],
	", "
)
)

But still, it seems like there must be a simple and straightforward solution to this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

In a published report, if you change report pages and come back, it will return to the default slicer selection from when you published it. Other than that there's no "clear all" function.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
prokurors
Advocate III
Advocate III

Only thing this measure should be written slightly differently:

MeasureName = 
IF(NOT(ISFILTERED(Table[Column]));"All";
CONCATENATEX(
	ALLSELECTED(Table[Column]);
	Table[Column],
	", "
)
)
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a great workaround using Bookmarks feature, that I implemented recently. Bascially, you just have to create a bookmark, with you default filters (or default view, without any filters/slicers). Insert a shape on that tab, and assign this bookmark to this shape. No matter which filter (page slicers or report fitlers) is selected or enabled, Clicking on this shape will call the bookmark, which had no filters.

Let me know if this helps.

hi @Anonymous , bookmarch approach helps, but if i have role management included in my dashboard, my reports formatting gets drastically change after applying bookmark, be it clear all or more info type description functionality, have you or any one else faced the same issue ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @abhinav_verma thanks for sharing your experience. I believe I could track with you and can confirm that I have seen or experienced similar issues. Key is to update the bookmark, after every little change that you do to the view. let me know if that helps.

KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

In a published report, if you change report pages and come back, it will return to the default slicer selection from when you published it. Other than that there's no "clear all" function.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks. Sounds like such a simple thing.

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Agree. There is no such functionality.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.