Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chart to ignore Datime Timeline days but to show aggregate values for months quarters and years

Hello,

I have the following dateslicer that with the current selection yields the graph below.  This has one dimensions in x-axis, which are time and product, I have in the visual filter a top 1 by date to ensure it only brings me the last month of the selection on the slicer

1st.JPG

However, if I selected the following date, it yields the following, the last dates are all in November in both slicers, my idea is for the for example to return the same output as the one below, which is the aggreggation of the month, this why independly of the the day selected in the dateslicer, it would always bring the overall of the month.

My current formula is:
CALCULATE(SUM(Product[volume]),ALL('calendar'[CalendarDate]))
I have also tried ALL('calendar'[Month]))) but is the same thing
The axis in the graphs are from a calculated column in the fact table

2nd.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you try using the formula below to see if it works in your scenario? Smiley Happy

=
VAR y =
    MAX ( 'calendar'[Year] )
VAR m =
    MAX ( 'calendar'[Month] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Product[volume] ),
        FILTER ( ALL ( 'calendar' ), 'calendar'[Year] = y && 'calendar'[Month] = m )
    )

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you try using the formula below to see if it works in your scenario? Smiley Happy

=
VAR y =
    MAX ( 'calendar'[Year] )
VAR m =
    MAX ( 'calendar'[Month] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Product[volume] ),
        FILTER ( ALL ( 'calendar' ), 'calendar'[Year] = y && 'calendar'[Month] = m )
    )

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.