Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harshinij

Chart Values Showing Incorrectly

Hi,

I have three different data sources with values across a 30 day date range. When I try to make a chart, only the data source which I used to pull the "axis" value from shows the correct values. The other two just show a constant value across all 30 days.

How can I show the right values across all 3 data sources, since they all just need to reflect different y values across dates?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @harshinij,

Have you tried the solution provided by @Anonymous above? Does it work in your scenario? If it works, could you accept it as solution to close this thread?

If you still have any question on this issue, feel free to post here. Smiley Happy

Regards

Thank you for the updates. I'm still not quite clear on how to get the chart I'm looking for, since the three tables don't have the exact same range of dates, some of them are missing values. Since my first post, I've tried a few different things, and right now essentially what I'm trying to do is take the following table, which for each rows has values 1-3:

Row 1 - 1, 2, 3

Row 2 - 1, 3, 4

Row 3 - 2, 5, 6

And gives me a graph where the axis is the values 1-6 and shows the distribution for each of these through an area chart:

1 - 2 (value 1), 0 (value 2), 0 (value 3)

2 - 1, 1, 0

3 - 0, 1, 1

4 - 0, 0, 1

5 - 0, 1, 0

6 - 0, 0, 1

In trying to simplify the data and report, I also no longer have values 1-3 in different tables, they are all in the same table. I also changed the representation so these are numbers rather than dates. I'm still having a problem creating that axis - I've created the separate table with the values 1-6 but am not sure where to create the relationship (just creating it to one of the values doesn't seem to work). Thanks for the help!

Hi @harshinij,

I'm a little confused now. However, I still think creating an individual Calendar table should be a possible and easier solution in your original scenario.Smiley LOL

Could you post some sample/mock data of the three tables with your expected result? Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you need a calendar table that has 3 separate relationships, one to each fact table.

Read some of the following article for more information on time intelligence:

https://powerpivotpro.com/category/skill-areas/time-intelligence/

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/time-intelligence-in-power-bi-desktop/

You'll end up putting the Calendar[Date] column on the chart axis, and then the 3 measures should display properly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.