Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

t-atgeor
Employee
Employee

Changing column name (%GT of...) in a table visual

Hi, once I use the quick calc tool of a value and calculate by Percentage of Grand Total, I receive in a new column the values, however, with the strange naming of %GT + name of table. Is there any flexibility so I could amend the column names of the table visualizations? (e.g from "%GT Cars" to  "Distribution" or "Percentage"

Thanks, Atanas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KGrice
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @t-atgeor. There's no way to change the name/label of the column in a table visual. The column name will be whatever the column/measure is called in your data model (which you can rename), or the given name of the calculation when you use a Quick Calc. If you want the table visual column to have a specific name for a calculation, you'll need to create a measure that has the name you want. For example:

Percentage = SUM(TableName[MyColumn]) / CALCULATE(SUM(TableName[MyColumn]), ALL(TableName))

There are a few community ideas you could vote on to request this feature. Here's one that sounds like it includes it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KGrice
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @t-atgeor. There's no way to change the name/label of the column in a table visual. The column name will be whatever the column/measure is called in your data model (which you can rename), or the given name of the calculation when you use a Quick Calc. If you want the table visual column to have a specific name for a calculation, you'll need to create a measure that has the name you want. For example:

Percentage = SUM(TableName[MyColumn]) / CALCULATE(SUM(TableName[MyColumn]), ALL(TableName))

There are a few community ideas you could vote on to request this feature. Here's one that sounds like it includes it.

Mart
Frequent Visitor

I found the best way is not to use Quick Calc but instead use Format.

Highlight your column in the fields section go to the Modeling tab click on format and select Percentage.

Mart

For those looking for a solution to a name and format for the GT% quick calc that doesn't change their original measure/column, and lets you use filters on the report page as well, I found one with some help from @v-qiuyu-MSFT

See that discussion at:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/What-is-the-GT-Quick-Calculation-really/m-p/179214#M78441

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.