Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ff6d
Helper I
Helper I

Changing colours of legends

Hi

Each time I open my PBI workbook, the colours of my legends in the bar graph changes randomly. I go to the format pane and select my colours but next time the colours are changed again

How can I solve this?

Thank,

Mikkel 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ff6d,

Please see below information from PG team: 

By Design, colors are assigned to dynamic values on a first-come, first-serve basis. Loading timing can affect this. User can specifically set colors using Data Colors formatting card. We have a scenario in our backlog to fix this by introducing a color dictionary that we save with the report, but it is not funded at this point.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
surajKumar_alfa

surajKumar_alfa_0-1676535029404.png

you can change the legends colours in latest version of power-bi
Visualization>[check_graph_type MY IS LINE] > Visual > Lines> you will get all setting for graph[ color,type of line etc]

surajKumar_alfa_1-1676535134096.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ff6d,

Please see below information from PG team: 

By Design, colors are assigned to dynamic values on a first-come, first-serve basis. Loading timing can affect this. User can specifically set colors using Data Colors formatting card. We have a scenario in our backlog to fix this by introducing a color dictionary that we save with the report, but it is not funded at this point.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is very basic functionality that MS should have considered to provide.

Frankly speaking, i have more control on reprot when i work with SSRS.

Not sure about the Tableau if that tool also have this problem.

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft Any update on this one.

We are using specific colors for MAP View legends and The colors do not follow the assigned pallette.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ff6d,

I can reproduce this issue in the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.55.5010.641), I will report it internally and post  back once I get updates.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang

Thanks, Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.