Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

obemo

Change visual with slicer

Dear all, 

I am experimenting with some Premier League statistics, and I would like the report to be more user friendly. At the moment I have this: 

FPL.png

When I select a team with the slicer, I would like the x-axis of the visual to change from [Team] to [Player] on that selected team. At the moment I only get this:

FPL_selected.png

My columns are [Cost], [Player], [Points] and [Team] (and one Measure that displays the selected team in the card above the graph). 

Additionaly question: Is it possible to also change the type of visual depening on selection of the slicer (i.e. HASONEVALUE)? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @obemo,

You can do it using the drill-down function in a visual, that way you don't need to use the slicer if you don't want to.

If you had the Team and the Player to your x-axis you then will see the options to drill down see the link below to understand it better.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-drill-down-in-a-visualization/

If you mess around with the axis formating options you can also add the level of detail you want to see.

Regards

Mfelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ArsenalFC81

Hi Mate, how is your project coming along?  I'm trying to build my own stats visual but sadly I am a novice to Power BI.

Hi! I haven't had the time to extend the project sadly, but I did implement the drill-down functionality to the report, and it works brilliantly. From getting an overview of e.g. goals scored per team in the PL, to clicking on a team and getting exactly who scored within the team. Pretty neat! You just have to find a dataset, and just start the trial and error phase, and you'll learn quickly

austinsense
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I was a little upset to see this marked as solved when it was only half solved. Smiley Happy Here's the real solution ... https://powerpivotpro0-my.sharepoint.com/personal/austin_powerpivotpro_com/_layouts/15/guestaccess.a...

Austin is VP Operations at PowerPivotPro and a professional self-service enthusiast 🙂

@austinsense This is very helpful. I am trying to replicate something very similar to this, however, when I put the Name field in the chart axis, it is showing all of the values when nothing is selected in the slicer. What do I need to do to get it to only show, in your case, the team names?

Hi @aj0903,

You need to have two values on the x-axis in order to create a hierarchy in the axis and being abble to do a drill down.

Regards.

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

aj0903
Frequent Visitor

Hi @MFelix,

I know that is possible like that, however I am trying to solve it the same way that @austinsense did in his example.

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @obemo,

You can do it using the drill-down function in a visual, that way you don't need to use the slicer if you don't want to.

If you had the Team and the Player to your x-axis you then will see the options to drill down see the link below to understand it better.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-drill-down-in-a-visualization/

If you mess around with the axis formating options you can also add the level of detail you want to see.

Regards

Mfelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

obemo

I realise now that this can quite easily be done by having a visual of Points by Team, instead of the slicer, and then have another visual with Points by Player. 

But the original question is still interesting, as imagine the aesthetics might be a bit smoother

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.