Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

irnm8dn
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Change Sort Order of 100% Stacked Bar, Data Labels

In my visualization I have a 100% stacked bar represetning YTD revenue.  The bar is sorted by product name, not product % of revenue.  How can sort this from highest to lowest?

Capture.PNG

Bonus question, is there a way to represent the percentage and dollar value of each product in a 100% bar?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @irnm8dn,

I have tested it and searched some documents. It seems sorting can't be done. Maybe you could vote or submit an idea here: power-bi-ideas.

Maybe there is a workaround: Funnel, which has dollar values and % values. And also it can sort by values. The sizes of items are clear too.

Change Sort Order of 100% Stacked Bar, Data Labels.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @irnm8dn,

I have tested it and searched some documents. It seems sorting can't be done. Maybe you could vote or submit an idea here: power-bi-ideas.

Maybe there is a workaround: Funnel, which has dollar values and % values. And also it can sort by values. The sizes of items are clear too.

Change Sort Order of 100% Stacked Bar, Data Labels.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-jiascu-msft

I too though of the funnel, however visually I think it sends the wrong message.

Additionally, despite the size when you have an significant amount of categories it becomes less discerning.

I have voted for the suggested enhancement, surprised more people have not come across this as a limitation.

Appreciate the feedback.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.