Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nicolewells
Frequent Visitor

Cannot add 'Power BI Service' in Azure Active Directory to use Power BI API's

Hello Power BI's, According to the Microsoft Power BI Developers documentation https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/dn877542.aspx | Microsoft Azure in New York. I first need to register an app in Azure Active Directory.

However when I follow the steps in the link above, I see none of the Microsoft Applications for me to add, let alone see the Power BI one.

Obviously there is something missing, do I need to somehow link my Azure account with an Office 365 account or something ?? Please advice!

Thanks

Sarahjohn

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@nicolewells wrote:

Hello Power BI's, According to the Microsoft Power BI Developers documentation https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/dn877542.aspx | Microsoft Azure in New York. I first need to register an app in Azure Active Directory.

However when I follow the steps in the link above, I see none of the Microsoft Applications for me to add, let alone see the Power BI one.

Obviously there is something missing, do I need to somehow link my Azure account with an Office 365 account or something ?? Please advice!

Thanks

Sarahjohn

@nicolewells

Have you signed up a Power BI account? You can register the AAD application with the Power BI account. See Register an Azure AD app to embed Power BI content.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.