Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Aakesh
Frequent Visitor

Can we change the color of line chart based on the Slicer?

I have made a Line chart. Now when I select slicer (Direct Group), it will shows the line chart based on that. Now I want the all the lines that appear when I select slicer to have same color.

Here's what I have done so far. 

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZDhlZTRkZjYtYmZhZS00NTFiLWJkNmYtMjQ5MTJmYzY1MjM5IiwidCI6ImE3N...

For eg: When I select From Entrance in Direct slicer I want all the line to have same color and when I select From POS, I want all the color of Line that appear to have the same color. 

Is this possible in Power bi?

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Aakesh,

According to this official article, I don't think it is possible to do it currently. Smiley Happy

The following tips are provided. Have another great tip? Great! Send it our way and we’ll see about adding it to this list.

• Change the color of a single data point

• Base the colors of a chart on a numeric value

• Base the color of data points on a field value

• Customize colors used in the color scale

• Use diverging color scales

• How to undo in Power BI

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Aakesh,

According to this official article, I don't think it is possible to do it currently. Smiley Happy

The following tips are provided. Have another great tip? Great! Send it our way and we’ll see about adding it to this list.

• Change the color of a single data point

• Base the colors of a chart on a numeric value

• Base the color of data points on a field value

• Customize colors used in the color scale

• Use diverging color scales

• How to undo in Power BI

Regards

Nice chart. Colouring is pretty immature atm.  You can go in and manually change the colour of individual lines, but in my experience any changes to the data can throw evertying out of wack - very frustrating.  

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Thanks 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.