Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Eriko
Frequent Visitor

Can't publish a report from Power BI Desktop.

Hello.
I tried to publish a report from PowerBI Desktop to PowerBI.com.
However, the error came out.

無題.png

Sorry in Japanese.
This error means that 「The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.」.

What do I need a setting?
Please tell me how to resolve.

Eriko.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Eriko were you able to connect to the PBIX file from the site? You don't have to use the publish mechanism. Also, make sure you have downloaded the latest PBI desktop version, as there were some issues with publishing from the desktop in previous versions.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Eriko
Frequent Visitor

Please tell me if there is a other solution ;-(

@Eriko were you able to connect to the PBIX file from the site? You don't have to use the publish mechanism. Also, make sure you have downloaded the latest PBI desktop version, as there were some issues with publishing from the desktop in previous versions.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer

Yes,I was able to connect.
PowerBI Desktop version is 2.26.4128.403.(the latest PowerBI Desktop Version)

If I have set the Proxy, can I not use public mechanism of PowerBI Desktop...?;-(

When if I publish report, I connect to the data from the Power BI Site.
I appreciate your big help!

@Eriko The desktop will only allow you to publish to your Power BI site. It is only a mechanism to do that. You cannot send your reports to other people from the desktop. You have to share your reports to other people from the Power BI Site. You can only share reports/dashboards with people inside your company (domain). There is no way to share to other people "publicly" as of this time.

@Eriko If publish from the Desktop is not working, try to connect to the data from the Power BI Site. 

Get Data -> Files (Get) -> Local Files -> find your PBIX file on local drive.

Hi,Eno1978. Thanks for your help.

I tried to connect to the data from the Power BI Site. 

There was no problem.

If I using a Proxy,Is not there any other way?

If possible, I want to publish the report from PowerBI Desktop.

What is the datasource being used in the PBIX file? Is it SSAS Tabular live?

Eriko
Frequent Visitor

Hi,meysun. Thanks for your help.

In the PBIX file,SQL Server Database has been used as a Datasource.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.