Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Fairfield
Regular Visitor

Can't publish a report from Power BI Desktop

We are an O365 pro client and have signed up for a Power BI Pro trial.

I am attempting to create a simple "Hello World" type report using a small Access database as a data source.

This database is stored in a document library within SharePoitn online.

Using the Power BI Desktop app, I have been able to retrieve the data from this source database and prepare a simple chart.

However when I attempt to publish the report, I receive the following error:

The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Stack Trace:

Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIService.PowerBIServiceException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

followed by a stack trace.

In attempt to workaround this, I saved the .pbix file, but I can not import it into app.powerbi.com, as I receive an error message:

We couldn't import data from Power BI Designer File

Make sure you're entering the information correctly.

Show technical details

As there do not seem to be any other configuration options, or instructions, I'd be grateful for some light to be shed on what the connectivity issues are and how they should be resolved. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tsanka
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

There was an issue reported in the Admin panel of O365 about PowerBI:

"Incident Start Time: Sunday, February 14, 2016, at 10:27 PM UTC

User Impact: Affected users may be unable to publish workbooks"

I had the same issue a couple of hours ago, now the issue seems resolved for me. Hope it will soon be solved for your region as well

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

6/9/2016

I am unable to publish any desktop files. I couldn't load my complex one so I created a simple one with barely any data (one table with maybe 10 rows), and that wouldn't load either.

The error message I get is

CIO Dashboard - Power BI

We couldn't import data from Power BI Desktop File

Make sure you're entering the information correctly.
Please try again later or contact support and provide the following details to help resolve your issue faster.

Activity IDb3b72d48-661a-430b-a009-60313b7e64e8
Request ID6900f436-0d47-65ed-f7ed-89edd0baa51c
Correlation IDd713294d-42fb-cd06-868a-69c48b4400da
TimeThu Jun 09 2016 10:17:39 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Version13.0.1500.194

Get help

I also can't load for some reason today on any of my datasets. I get the following error. Is something going on with their services?

Hide
On demand6/9/2016, 1:57:16 PM6/9/2016, 1:57:49 PMFailedAn unknown error has occurred. Please try again. If the issue continues, please contact support.

@adcook Known issue, being worked on. Front page of support site - https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer, is it still ongoing ? On the frontpage i see it shows that there are no known issues, however for the last couple of hours i am unable to publish data from pbix to online - gives me an import error 

@S_M No, this issue was long ago resolved, if it has cropped up again I am not aware of it. There were some large issues in Midwest USA last week, but I thought I read they were resolved...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Nalle

Please Help, I have the same problem... From Mexico

roberto_navarro

I have the same issue. Any one has a resolution?

smizgier
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here. Santiago, Chile

Voron77

Same problem here: Seattle East Side, Washington, USA

JS
Helper II
Helper II

I am facing the exact same issues as well! Also tried uploading the PBIX file but got the same error message as well. 

Hope the team will assist to this issues asap. 

Sarvan
Frequent Visitor

We are experiencing the same error, it had started to occure a few hours ago.. Location = Krasnodar, Russia
ERROR MESSAGE:
remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Tsanka
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

There was an issue reported in the Admin panel of O365 about PowerBI:

"Incident Start Time: Sunday, February 14, 2016, at 10:27 PM UTC

User Impact: Affected users may be unable to publish workbooks"

I had the same issue a couple of hours ago, now the issue seems resolved for me. Hope it will soon be solved for your region as well

Not fixed yet - Location: New Zealand - Australia data centre

Hi Guys ,

Has this been resolved? I have the same issue. I am in South Africa

Hi Guys ,

Has this been resolved? I have the same issue. I am in South Africa

Not fixed yet in Utah, US

i had also same issue publishing error "the remote server returned an error 404 not found" .

how i fix it error please any one guide me.aaaaaa5-20-2016 11-18-44 AM.jpg

I had the error earlier today, but now I can publish again.

I am having the same issue as well. I've tried multiple ways to publish and in different formats before reaching out to the community.

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

mamounm

I have the same Problem ! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.