Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danextian
Super User
Super User

Can't enable slider filter option for numeric column data

Hi All,

As show on the screenshot below, the slicer options are List and Dropdown only  - no between, greater than, etc.  The column is from a calculated table in DAX using ADDCOLUMN AND SUMMARIZE functions. I tried this with similar calculated tables but the other options were available. The data type is already set to Numeric (Fixed Decimal). 

image (2).png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've had this problem when publishing online but not on desktop. Please ensure you have the latest version of Power BI downloaded and that you have Numeric Slicer enabled as it is a preview feature.

You can activate preview features under file > options and settings > options > preview features

Unfortunately I can't offer more help than that.

Hope this helps,

Will

View solution in original post

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @danextian,

After test, it works fine in October version. As the @Anonymous said, please confirm you enabled "" as shown in the screenshot below. "I tried this with similar calculated tables but the other options were available.", other colums data type is also Numeric?

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
johannesDE
Frequent Visitor

johannesDE_0-1618914811284.png

You can choose "Between" in the slicer options in the slicer object to get a "slider" filter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using the October 2020 version of PowerBI and I'm getting this same problem. I have other number fields where I can enable the slider. I can't figure out the difference. 

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @danextian,

After test, it works fine in October version. As the @Anonymous said, please confirm you enabled "" as shown in the screenshot below. "I tried this with similar calculated tables but the other options were available.", other colums data type is also Numeric?

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @danextian,

Have you resolved your issue? If you have, welcome to share your solution or mark the right reply as answer. If you haven't please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Sorry for the delayed reply

@Anonymous's solution worked.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've had this problem when publishing online but not on desktop. Please ensure you have the latest version of Power BI downloaded and that you have Numeric Slicer enabled as it is a preview feature.

You can activate preview features under file > options and settings > options > preview features

Unfortunately I can't offer more help than that.

Hope this helps,

Will

hello,

Select Chart, click on drop-down "select the type of slicer" then select "Between". Now you will be able to find "Slider" option in "Format"

anjaleekhalse_6-1640720503458.png

anjaleekhalse_8-1640720558314.png

anjaleekhalse_9-1640720628001.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same problem - numeric field and I only get the Dropdown and List options in the slicer - using desktop

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.