Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Henrik_99
Resolver I
Resolver I

Calculated sum from another table

Hi everyone,

I am making a report in Power BI. I am trying to get used hours per area (Id); building; group(no). I have two tables. The way my data is formatted there are two tables, one (table a) that has used hours with each representing the value of one id per project within one Yearweek.

The other (b) (main report) has the ordre, weight status, phase and general information. The tables have a relationship throught the ID column, with the one side being the Used hours and the many being the main report with ordre, weight. Table b is containing less amount of ID`s than table a.

This is what I have written so far in main report table:

Usedhours_measure = CALCULATE(SUM(HOURS[USED_HOURS]);FILTER(HOURS;HOURS[Group]=VALUES(Ordre[Group])))

It does give correct sum for group and give an error if I want to show several groups, how do you write dax to sum used order dynamically per building or per phase or per group from main report.

Used hours (a):

Pic2.JPG

Main report (b):

Pic1.JPG

Relations:

Pic3.JPG

Show example main report:

Pic4.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Henrik_99,

You may use a similar way as shown here.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Henrik_99
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thanks, that helps a bit further.

UsedHours_Buildingblock = CALCULATE(SUM(AA_RV_KPI_HOURS_6106[USED_HOURS]);FILTER(AA_RV_KPI_HOURS_6106;AA_RV_KPI_HOURS_6106[Building]=MAX(ReportResult09[Building])&&AA_RV_KPI_HOURS_6106[Discip]=MAX(ReportResult09[Discip])))

However, the table is not showing expected total sum as shown below. Feedback will be appriciated, thanks, rgds H

PBI.JPG

@Henrik_99,

You may use a similar way as shown here.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, v-chuncz-msft!

Rgds

Henrik

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Henrik_99,

Here you may use MAX Function instead of VALUES Function.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.