Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sakthi
Regular Visitor

Calculated Table filtered based on Slicer selection

I want to create table Filtered_Data based on table Data only for the selected values in the slicer.

Table Annual Medical Premium contains values 100000, 200000

So if i select 100000 in the slicer, i want the Data table to be copied to Filtered_Data table where Data[Annual_Premium] = 100000

I created a measure Premium_Selected = Min('Annual Medical Premium'[Annual_Premium])

Filtered_Data = Filter(Data,Data[Annual_Premium]=Data[Premium_Selected])

But i find the new table still contains data for both 100000 and 200000

however if change the expression as Filtered_Data = Filter(Data,Data[Annual_Premium]=100000), then the new table contains only the data for 100000.

Basically i have multitab report, so the slicer values in Page1, i want to pass to the Page2, i know only Report filters work across all pages, but i find slicer more user fiendly for end users, hence think of this workaround to have filtered data in the new table to be used for graphs in the Page2.

Not sure why the Measure is not filtering data during the table creation, any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sakthi,

The calculated table is preprocessed before use slicer visual to filter data. So we are not able to use the checked slicer value in the calculated table. Regrading filter all report page data, besides use Report Filter, you an also use Query Parameter.

The requirement about apply slicer filter on all report pages is under review, you can follow the survey share your thoughts: Allows Slicers to apply to all Pages of a Report.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sakthi,

The calculated table is preprocessed before use slicer visual to filter data. So we are not able to use the checked slicer value in the calculated table. Regrading filter all report page data, besides use Report Filter, you an also use Query Parameter.

The requirement about apply slicer filter on all report pages is under review, you can follow the survey share your thoughts: Allows Slicers to apply to all Pages of a Report.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.