Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JCBI1023
Helper III
Helper III

Calculated Column Help

What a great resource. Thank you for your help.

I have two columns 1) Quote_Status and 2) Prepared_By

The Prepared_By Column contains Names and the Quote_Status column contains different statuses "Dead, Open, Budget, Sold". Here's an example:

BI1.png

How do I create a calculated column that tells me how many Open Quote_Status John M. has? From there I could change the calculted column to determine how many Dead, Sold, Budget, etc for each Prepared By.

I was able to use the COUNTA expression (# of Worksheets = COUNTA'Table1'[Prepared_By]) to find out how many Quotes each Prepared_By has but I'd like to see how many of each Quote Status the Prepard_By has. The picture below shows how I am showing how many 'Workheets aka Quotes' have been created.

Bi2.pngValues.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dedelman_clng
Community Champion
Community Champion

Change your calculated column to a measure, and then your table into a matrix with "Prepared by" as the rows, "Quote Status" as the columns and your measure as the value.  This will give you the most flexibility in case new statuses are added, etc.

Hope this helps

David

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dedelman_clng
Community Champion
Community Champion

Change your calculated column to a measure, and then your table into a matrix with "Prepared by" as the rows, "Quote Status" as the columns and your measure as the value.  This will give you the most flexibility in case new statuses are added, etc.

Hope this helps

David

@dedelman_clng This worked perfectly. 

matric.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.