Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zombieug
Helper I
Helper I

Calc sum of measure in matrix table

Hey Forum could you try to help me?

I have create the following matrix and i would like the measure deviation to add up.

2018-06-19_11h38_15.png

I create it using these relations

Relations.png

The order dates of "orders", and the order dates of "forecasts" do not match always. Some orderdates in forecasts table get postponed to another order date and cannot be traced (no unique connection). That is why I created a Matrix column Showing the forecasting dates and the forecasted quantity, as well as the sum of all order quantities in the orders table. They are interacting with the orderdate slicers. By Adding A deviaition measure i get the wanted deviation per row which is great but i need to get the total of deviation per month by summing up all deviations within a month as shown in the picture above. 

Can someone help me out. I cannot achieve this and i tried alot. Or is Power BI just not capable of doing this.

If only calc columns containing measures that react to reports "slicers etc." where possible ...)-;

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @zombieug,

Please share a pbix file for test, it seems like your measure 'order quantity' is a static value and not auto summarized on total level.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
prateekraina
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @zombieug,

Please share the deviation measure formula.

Prateek Raina

Hi @prateekraina

simple: Deviation = SUM(Forecasts[Forecasted Quantity])-SUM(Orders[Order Quantity])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.