Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SanderB
Frequent Visitor

Bug in Desktop Line chart VS online Line chart?

Hello all,

I have a weird problem and I hope someone is able to confirm/help.

I have created a report in Power BI desktop and it works fine. It show the correct data in the line charts and in the tables. As soon as I publish it and view it in my browser the data of the line charts is corrupt after a few selections and playing around with filters. This only happens in the online view, in the desktop view everything is correct.

The dot in the line chart is on the incorrect place but the mouse over shows the correct data.

Is this a maybe a bug?

Thanks in advance.

Sander

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi SanderB,

I have made a test on your issue but can't reproduce it. Could you please provide more details about the issue?

For example, you said "is corrupt after a few selections and playing around with filters"

<-- What operations have you did?

In addtion, could you give a sample or a screenshot of your whole table for further analysis?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the fast reply.

I have one slicer "CATG" one line graph and one table, very basic.

I created a PBIX for testing:  h tt ps://drive.google.com/file/d/1IUngR4PwfC2wEuHwVAvzs9qLFJQtIb2j/view?usp=sharing

This file works perfect in Power BI desktop, but as soon as you publish it to Power BI online the line graph will work perfect in the beginning, But as soon as you select HA then HF and then KC, the data at KC is not correct.

The datapoint is on the correct place, the mouse over is correct, but the line is on the old values of the previous selection.

Best regards,

Sander

HI @v-yuta-msft

Was the PBIX helpfull? Was it possible to reproduce?

Best regards,

Sander

Hi SanderB,

I have made a test on your report, I compared the result wehn selecting "KC". However, the chart showed in service is same with that in desktop. You can clear browser cache and check again if the error still happen.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.