Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FrankT
Advocate I
Advocate I

Bookmark property "Current Page"

Is there a use case for switching off the "Current Page" property of a bookmark?

Deactivating this property seems to kill the bookmark feature overall.

Bookmark.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Well, if you are on the correct page for the bookmark, then I believe the bookmark should still function. In my testing, it just doesn't save the page for the bookmark so that if you are on a different page, then, yeah, it sort of doesn't work at all. I honestly can't think of a use case.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rdg515
Resolver I
Resolver I

I found a legitimate use case for this.  If you want to enable a user to automatically select a specific set of values for a given slicer (imagine 35 specific selections from a dropdown of hundreds of values) and that slicer is synched to slicers on multiple pages then this feature is useful. 

Create a bookmark for data only (uncheck Display and Current page) then choose Selected visuals and select the applicable slicers.  When the user selects this bookmark from any page (particularly useful if all pages have this synchronized slicer), it will set that slicer to the 35 specific values they want.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Well, if you are on the correct page for the bookmark, then I believe the bookmark should still function. In my testing, it just doesn't save the page for the bookmark so that if you are on a different page, then, yeah, it sort of doesn't work at all. I honestly can't think of a use case.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.