Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerBIzNess
Frequent Visitor

Bing Maps Visual Unexpected Error

Hi There

As of a few days ago, a map visual (the bing maps built in one) no longer works. I've tried ununinstally and reinstalling desktop, examining the queries and columns, but cannot determine why it suddently stopped working. I get an 'unexpected error' message when it tries to load.

I've tried deleting and re-creating the visual, etc... Any ideas?

running on win10 with the latest version of desktop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, by chance I think I've figured this out. I signed out of my account in PowerBI Desktop, and that seems to have fixed the issue. Odd.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @PowerBIzNess,

I just tested that the Map visual still works fine for me on running on win10 with the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.52.4921.682 64-bit (November 2017)).

r2.PNG

Does this issue also happen to other visuals(i.e. Filled Map, ArcGis Map)? Have you tried opening the same pbix file on another computer to see if it works? Smiley Happy

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft I have the latest version (Version: 2.53.4954.481 64-bit (December 2017))

Yes, tried opening the file on my laptop with the same version and get the same error. Interestingly the error seems to come and go intermittently with no discernable reason... could there be network/admin policies blocking the Bing Maps API?

Thanks!

Ok, by chance I think I've figured this out. I signed out of my account in PowerBI Desktop, and that seems to have fixed the issue. Odd.

Everything about Power BI seems to be fixed by shutting down the computer, cleaning it with bleach and restarting. Great memory management from Microsoft

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for sharing! I spent so much time trying to figure it out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.