Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rocky09
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Best visual to choose

I have the following data, which contains Vehicle Service information.   I am able to get Individual summary with totals, If I use table. But, struggling to get the same information in charts.

I want to see the below criteria in a visual other than table/matrix. (stacked chart  may be?).

1. How many vehicles serviced by each Person did on each date.

2. Count of each vehicle type  (like Jeep -2, Mini Bus -1 ) by Individual on each date.

Here is the data:

service.JPG

Which chart is suitabe in this situation where you need to show All Vehicle serviced by a individual on each date and count of each vehicle serviced by individual on each day.?

3 REPLIES 3
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

You could always use the Bar visual but use a hierarchy on the Axis

one that goes ServiceBy/Vehicle and then a second chart the other way around.  Drill down fully and you will see a nice graphical depiction of your data.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

my current favorite for visualizing multi-variate categorical variables is the custom visual "Infographic Designer" that you can find here

On its support page there are detailed explanations - look for small multiples.

2017-03-03_03-03-20.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rocky09,

You can use matrix visual and drag Date and Services to Rows field, vehicle to Columns and Values field, then you will get what you want.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.