Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Way to Merge Data?

I have two Salesforce objects that I'm connected to. They are Delta Account which looks like this:

1.PNG

And Client Revenue Which looks like this:

2.PNG

Both tables are related by the columns that I've highlighted in each screenshot. What I'm trying to achieve is getting the revenue from Client Revenue into the Delta Account table. Problem is as you can see in the Client Revenue object, rather than having the total for each company it has individual revenue amounts so PBI throws an error saying it can't match them because one of the tables must have unique values.

From there I then took the Client Revenue object, and grouped it by the Related_Account_c field and aggregated it by summing the revenue so I got each Related_Account_c ID once with it's corresponding revenue total, which looks like this:

1.PNG

I was then allowed to create a relationship between Delta Account and Client Revenue. I was then able to use fields from both tables and insert them into the same table which came out like this, which was what I was initially looking for:

1.PNG

1.PNG

I then simply wanted to display the total at the bottom of this table and this happens:

1.PNG

What this is doing is giving me the total sum of all lines of revenue from my Client Revenue object. The total even includes revenue from companies not contained within the particular table above. It's giving me everything even though the above is supposed to be a filtered table looking at a certain set of companies. What can I do to fix this? I simply want the total revenue for each company by line and the grand total at the bottom, based upon what's in my table.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Please create the following column in  your Delta Account table. Then drag the column to your table visual and you will get expected result.

Column = RELATED('Client Revenue'[Revenue])

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Please create the following column in  your Delta Account table. Then drag the column to your table visual and you will get expected result.

Column = RELATED('Client Revenue'[Revenue])

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors