Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RonHall
Frequent Visitor

Before and After using One Date

I have a table called "Combined" with a column for "Date".  The table is a list of activities.  I have built a dates table using dax and set it up as a sicer. It is called "DatesTable" and the column with the dates is called "SelectedDate"  I want to be able to select a date from this drop down and then with two measures show the activites 90 days before this date (Before) and 90 days after this date (After).

If I hard code the dates into the mesaure it works just fine ...

Before = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Combined), DATESBETWEEN(Combined[Date], Date(2017,1,1), Date(2017,3,31)))

After2 = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Combined), DATESBETWEEN(Combined[Date], Date(2016,10,1), Date(2017,1,1)))

But when I try to use the dates from the drop down it doesn't.

Before = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Combined), DATESBETWEEN(Combined[Date], 'Dates Table'[SelectedDate], 'Dates Table'[SelectedDate]+90))

After = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Combined), DATESBETWEEN(Combined[Date], 'Dates Table'[SelectedDate], 'Dates Table'[SelectedDate]-90))

I tried making the dates from the dates table into measures and dropping them in but that didnt work either.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I figured it out, when I changed my date selector to the date within the combined table it works. I had it as my date table previously.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @RonHall,

According to what I understand you want to calculate the Before and After based on a slicer you made with the SelectedDate, to make this you need to know what is the selected date so in the dates table make this measure:

DateSelected = Max('Dates Table'[SelectedTable])

Now use this measure in your Before and after should look something like this:

Before = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Combined), DATESBETWEEN(Combined[Date], [DateSelected], [DateSelected]+90))

After = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Combined), DATESBETWEEN(Combined[Date], [DateSelected], [DateSelected]-90))

Regards

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Thank you for the input, the measures work and the dates change when I select a new date from the drop down, but the bar chart where I have Before and After doesn't.  It shows one set of data and does not change when I change the date in the drop down.

Actually it is changing, but the values for before and after are exactly the same every time.

I figured it out, when I changed my date selector to the date within the combined table it works. I had it as my date table previously.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.