Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Chanleakna123
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

BING Map to Power BI

Dear all , 

i'm new here , and i'd like to create Map with BING Map , 
I don't now how to import Map from my country ( Cambodia ) into Power BI, I had tried many tips on google and here ( BI Community ) but always failed to do it on a half way. 
Can anyone guide me how to do it ? 
Your prompt asisstance is really much appreciated. 

Thanks with Regards, 
Chanleakna Hang 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Chanleakna123,

Setting the Data Category to Place would work. You still can try ArcGIS visual.BING Map to Power BI2.png

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Chanleakna,

You don't need to import a map. The BING map is already built in Power BI. The only thing you need to do is organizing your data. 

I got the population info from the Wikipedia here. And create a Bing map visual. You can try it out in this file.

BING Map to Power BI.PNG 

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jiascu-msft , Thanks you , really appreciated. 
Would you mind to let know how to get the right address in each location following Bing Map acknowledge it ? 
For example : #24 , street 174 , Oknha Ket , Phar tmey III communce , Daun Pench District, Phnom Penh City. 

Thanks you so much for always be there for me. 

Best Regards, 
Chanleakna hang 

Hi @Chanleakna123,

Setting the Data Category to Place would work. You still can try ArcGIS visual.BING Map to Power BI2.png

Best Regards,

Dale

@v-jiascu-msft Correct 😄 
That's my house 😄 

Thanks you so much hehehe 

My pleasure.

Best Regards,

Dale

@v-jiascu-msft hi , mine is still doesn't work , why ? Can you fix ?

1st.PNG

Hi Chanleakna,

I'm afraid it could be something wrong with Bing map. Please try ArcGIS map.BING Map to Power BI3.png

Best Regards,

Dale

@v-jiascu-msft i dun know why it doesn't work from my side . 

Hi Chanleakna,

I got the same result with yours when I enlarged the Bing map. Please Use ArcGIS instead. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Dale

@v-jiascu-msft hi dear, 
I use ARCGIS map , it show me somewhere i didn't know. 

Thanks with Regards, 
Chanleakna Hang 

Hi @Chanleakna123,

What's the address that you used in the ArcGIS map?

Best Regards,

Dale

Hi , I use my own house address. Not sure what else we can use to direct to the right place on bing map

@Chanleakna123 not too sure if you find your solution yet.

I used to deal with maps and since you're staying in Cambodia, there a high possibility that your geocode is not feed into any of the mapping services thus is not showing up.

If you try some of the lat/lon of the tourist site, I'm pretty sure it will show up on the map nicely

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.