Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

irnm8dn
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Axis Layout "Newsest to Oldest"

I am representing 3 years worth of history, by week, based on my fiscal calendar.  Because of the extended time period, I would like to change the chronology from most recent to oldest.  Below is a screen capture of the existing layout, looking for a suggestion how I can change it in Power BI.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @irnm8dn,

It's also to sort in line chart and matrix. In the line chart, as long as the X axis type set as Categorical, the Sort by <column> also available.

q2.PNG

For the matrix, we can place date column in Rows, we can also click triangle to sort.

q3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@irnm8dn

Hi you can do select the sort of your column in z to a .

Sort.png

Lima - Peru

Perfect.  Sometimes it's the simplest things.

Any way to do this on a Line Chart?  Matrix?

Hi @irnm8dn,

It's also to sort in line chart and matrix. In the line chart, as long as the X axis type set as Categorical, the Sort by <column> also available.

q2.PNG

For the matrix, we can place date column in Rows, we can also click triangle to sort.

q3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.