Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mishi1997

Automatic Drill Up

I have some data with some Root categories, each one of which has some Sub Category. I have made a drill down visual to make it more intuitive. I also have a table which has some values falling in those Root and Sub categories.

Now, I want to filter these values based on the category chosen in the visual. I am able to see the filtered content when I choose some category. Although, when I drill down a particular section, the content in the table no longer remains in its previous state. Instead, the complete data becomes visible. Although, if I select a Sub Category, the data filters on both the Root and Sub Category. 

I want the data to remain in its filtered state even if no Sub Category is selected. I searched around a lot but could not find anything like it. Any insight on this will be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@mishi1997 wrote:

I have some data with some Root categories, each one of which has some Sub Category. I have made a drill down visual to make it more intuitive. I also have a table which has some values falling in those Root and Sub categories.

Now, I want to filter these values based on the category chosen in the visual. I am able to see the filtered content when I choose some category. Although, when I drill down a particular section, the content in the table no longer remains in its previous state. Instead, the complete data becomes visible. Although, if I select a Sub Category, the data filters on both the Root and Sub Category. 

I want the data to remain in its filtered state even if no Sub Category is selected. I searched around a lot but could not find anything like it. Any insight on this will be appreciated. 

@mishi1997

Your description is not clear for me, could you post some snapshot to give me a better understanding?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.