Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nmck86
Post Patron
Post Patron

ArcGis Map showing up BLANK

Hi All,

I am running into issue where when I use the PowerBI map view the datasets show up fine; however, when I use the ArcGis Map it shows up blank. I have the feature turned on in the options section and I am wondering if it could be something else?2017-05-24_16-33-50.png

15 REPLIES 15
ryan-gao
Helper III
Helper III

me too,arcgis in powerbi desktop showed  a blank view this morning

@ryan-gao if you clear your cache and exit all browers it will resolve the issue.

I tried to clear cache again this morning, it works now. hope Microsoft will fix this bug as soon as possible

I wiped and reinstalled desktop today, now I have certain files where it works and certain files where it doesn't. Seems like a pretty severe bug.

This solution used to useful when the arcgis kept loading,but this time it shows blank, clearing cache  can't help

@nmck86 wrote:

@ryan-gao if you clear your cache and exit all browers it will resolve the issue.

jwjwjwjwjw
Advocate II
Advocate II

I am now having this problem as well. Started sometime this morning.

I'm having the same problem as well. Started yesterday. Please help 

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

check out this thread

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/ArcGIS-Maps-for-Power-BI-Preview-Discussion/td-p/72947/page/...

apparently you need to clean out your cache (it might be posted on the page before this link, i posted page 17 of the thread but the solution could be on 16)

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

That page doesnt take me anywhere and I have cleared my Cache. I went to Options and cleared it there... should I go to the folders under App Data and do it there?

from that post

"

Re: ArcGIS Maps for Power BI (Preview) Discussion

We've seen the stalled loading screen for Esri when Power BI Desktop's local browser cache is full. Esri has made a bug fix to address the issue and it's on it's way to production.

In the meantime, to clear your cache, please try to delete files at this location: C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\CEF to see if the issue persists. Remember to restart Power BI Desktop after you do this.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

I did and still no good results.... screen remains blank.. I heard one user state they had to make changes under their Lan Settings under the internet options but on my work device this isnt an option... If I go to the online version I do not have any issues at all.

are you sure all your geocodes are valid?  can use bing?

Yep.. the same report on the bing service works fine... it just doesnt work on the ArcGis Maps...

Hi @nmck86,

Please create a simple date(1.332346, 103.889620) as follows. For data category, mark Latitude as Latitude, Longitude as Longitude. Add them to ArcGis Map, and check if it works fine.

1.PNG

Thanks,
Angelia

are you doing this on power bi desktop?  have you got enough memory?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.