Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

leahschneider
Helper III
Helper III

ArcGIS not loading in desktop

Edit:  I loaded my data onto someone else's computer and it works there.  I think it's an issue with my personal configuration but I'm at a loss because I'm fully up to date and rebooted.

ArcGIS is showing "esri" and the loading symbol when I try to use the mapping.  I tried reinstalling.  I have the latest update.

Screen shot of test data below.  I have a table with one address which I know is real and correct.  It's mapping correctly in regular BI Maps.                                               test bi data.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
apforum

Hi, I have a similar problem, in that I cant even install the ArcGIS Maps for Power BI in Power BI Desktop.

Running Version: 2.48.4792.481 64-bit (July 2017). I have ticked the ArcGIS Maps for Power BI box (NB: its in Options/ Security not Options/Preview Features) and restarted but the green map icon wont appear in the Visualisation list.

I have unticked and reticked the box in Options, uninstalled and reinstalled the software, and deleted the cache as suggested, but all to no avail.

It works in PBI Service and I have created a report here with an ArcGIS map, downloaded it as a .pbix file, and opened it in Desktop, but all I get is a white square.

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@leahschneider@Justinjla

Please delete the cache folder under:

%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\CEF

Just paste above path in your file explorer. It should solve this issue.

Regards,

This worked for me, thank you Simon!

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@leahschneider

Try and Copy (Ctrl+C) the Regular Map - Paste it (Ctrl-V) and then convert it to ArcGIS Map

ESRI Map.png

It's still the same issue with mine.

I'm having the same issue.  I can view the native map just fine.  I've checked all the ArcGIS boxes in the settings view.  HELP!

Yes.  I just reinstalled it today.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors