Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vpray
Helper II
Helper II

April Update - slicers losing dimensions, other formatting issues

Hi all, Since installing April update, is anyone else having issues with slicers suddenly losing their width and height dimensions? Not just changing, but becoming totally blank?

I'm not sure if it's the update, because I've updated to April, am using KPI's imported from Excel, and I'm using the custom visual "Attribute Slicer" all for the first time today. It's happened a few times now, seems like it's when I try to undo something. Never seen this before...anyone else?

thanks

Vincent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is new update of PowerBI Desktop with version 2.34.4372.501 which fixes the issue.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

@v-qiuyu-msftThe second image contains three graphics that lost their dimensions, as I wrote in the previous post. The problem happened in desktop, and carried over to the service with the pbix file. I cannot reproduce the error - it is seemingly random. I haven't seen the problem since the last post, but I have not needed to build anything with custom visuals nor import KPI's from Excel since. So as I implied in the OP, those could have contributed to or even caused the problem.

**Today however, I am going to have to rebuild the exact file that was having these errors (customer change requests), so we'll see how things go today!

Thanks for your help and interest!

Since the April update I noticed the same problem... and it's very annoying. 

It happens (sometimes) when I overlay two graphics

There is new update of PowerBI Desktop with version 2.34.4372.501 which fixes the issue.

Wonderful news, thanks! I will try this out immediately.

UPDATE: The latest April update (version 2.34.4372.501) seems to be working so far! I rebuilt the original offending file without any formatting issues or visual dimensions disappearing. Thanks @akjana for pointing out the update - I hadn't yet gotten an alert or any feedback from MS/PBI support that a new one was available.

Ah, thanks @Seth_C_Bauer. I bet they are related as you say. I gotta remember to check the support board!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.