Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

edavila
Helper II
Helper II

Amounts not showing Correctly

I have 2 tables one that has all the dates from 2 years listed and also the name of the month, week and year

and I create a report as table to show the Balance sheet for the company at a certain point of taime Jan or February so far, the balance on the table is correctly with my financial statements, but when I create a line chart and add the week on the Axis the balance that shows is the last amount for that week instead of adding all the amount for the Year to date. or even if I put the month will show the last amount for the month not the correct balance

Cash.PNG

25 REPLIES 25

as @Vvelarde mentioned, you can still have seperate sheet but you can combine those in PowerBI using Append.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thank you and know I run into another problem as I combine both sheets into one and my number does not show for each year as separated and they are cero as no conection has between them.

know what I think has to be done here is create a new column and just add and IF formula to get everything that belong to 2016 into that column and another for the 2017 as well, Im correct

ThanksCapture.PNG

I looked at your sheet, and you renamed amount to amounr 2016 and amount 2017 respectively, just don't rename those columns, leave it as amount and then use append query.

basically what you want is FY 2016 is append to FY 2017 (or vice versa) and all the rows are appended to existing table and not added as extra column, 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

PArry2k

now is adding correctly but all the accounts are mess up as instead of gruping like before they sread all over and the cash balance is ok but I cannot set it up as a line chart

Capture.PNG

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0bfiodh0vaid65l/AAD0OHEpSkttRdrEzT22mazca?dl=0

I was able to put amount on the 2016 -2017 but the cash graph is not working

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.