Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

epyon
Frequent Visitor

Am I eligible for applying license of connection of Visual Studio Team Services in Power BI Desktop

My team is working in a project that attempt to access Visual Studio Team Services from Power BI Desktop. When I tried to connect, it popped up error showed below:

"The Analytics Service is in preview and only available to select customers of Visual Studio Team Services at this time. If your account has been enabled please contact the Microsoft employee who set up the service for assistance."

It seems that only authorized user is able to use this function. How can I apply for a license or permission for it?

Thank you very much.

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@epyon

As per Analytics Service overview, the Feature availability says: "The Analytics Service is in preview and only available to select customers of Visual Studio Team Services at this time.", So I think it is your  Visual Studio Team Services(VSTS) account that is not allowed to use the Analytics Service, either from Power BI or from any other tool.

Regarding how to be eligible for the Analytics Service, I think you shall consult at the VSTS community.

@Eric_Zhang Thank you for answering.

That's kind of weird. I can successfully connect VSTS with Power BI Online, but once I tried in Desktop version, it poped up the error you said. I thought that's only because function of VSTS connection is still testing in Power BI Desktop. What's more, I do check Pricing of VSTS, it doesn't mention any about Analystic Service. I understand I can only "View charts, widgets, and dashboards" as a free user, but I think at least I can access the data in Power BI Desktop as in Power BI Online.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem. I can connet to Team Services from POwe BI Online, and it works perfect, but when I try to connect from Power BI Desktop i get this error:

Details: "The Analytics OData endpoint is in preview and only available to select customers of Visual Studio Team Services at this time. If your account has been enabled please contact the Microsoft employee who setup the service for assistance."

Regards from Norway,

Aslak

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors