Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Twister8
Helper II
Helper II

Alternative to data points more that 3500

Hi everybody,

The limit of data points in power bi is 3500, someone know one alternative for work with scenario?

Tks

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Twister8,

What do you mean the "limit of data points in power bi is 3500"? The limitation for the Data Model size is 250MB. See: The Conceptual Data Model and Limits. Sometimes, many visuals can't display large amount of data, then we need to add some filters.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI @v-qiuyu-msft

Tks for answer...

I need alternative for work with this limitation, more details in this post

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Map-plotting-limit-3-500/m-p/95440#M40224

Do I have any alternative?

Hi @Twister8,

As far as I know, there is no alternative to display more than 3500 data points in the map visual. For your requirement, please vote on this similar thread: Allow more data points to be displayed on a map.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

there is a way,

Building a custom visual will allow you to set any number as a limit.

The solution to this problem is to specify a count of values that you want to show in your Visual.

this is possible by going into the capabilities and setting the 'count' property of the datareduction algorithm to whatever you want. We tried this with 100.000 and it worked fine, albeit a tad slower than usual.

It will affect performance, but otherwise it will work.

Hi. Did you check the length of your array? I've tried matrix, table and categorical. No matter what it is capped at 30000 points.

What does you capabilities.json look like?

Thanks

Here is a blog that touches on exactly the question you raise.

I hope it helps

http://angryanalyticsblog.azurewebsites.net/index.php/2016/08/02/map-visual-how-to-deal-with-large-d...

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.