Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

0xygen27
Advocate II
Advocate II

All Except function

Hello Guys, 

I was trying to use the AllExcept function, but it doesn't work.

I am trying to filter out the years in a column with quarters and years. 

I used the following code: 

Dataset weken = ALLEXCEPT('Dataset Fusies','Dataset Fusies'[Perioden], 'Dataset Fusies'[Perioden]="2007JJ00")

Name of the table = AllExcept('Sheet1','column1','row = "2007JJ00"||'column1','row = "2008JJ00")

What is it I am doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @0xygen27,

You can use the following formula to get year.

Year=LEFT(Table[Periodin])

Then use the new calculated field in ALLEXCEPT.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @0xygen27,

Have you resolved your issue based on the @Vvelarde posted? If it has, please mark the right reply as answer, which will help more people find workaround. If it doesn't, please feel free to ask and post more details.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@0xygen27

In Modeling - New Table :

Add This:

Name of the table = Filter('Sheet1','column1'= "2007JJ00"||'column1'= "2008JJ00")

Lima - Peru

@Vvelarde This isn't what I meant. I want want to exclude the years. I got a column with 4 rows for the quarters of a year and 1 row for the total of that year. I don't want the years, I want only the quarters. So I figured out the quickest way was to exclude the years.

Hi @0xygen27,

Is there any chance to post some sample data for further analysis? And list your expected result.  So we can provide the solution which is close to your requirement.

Best Regards,
Angelia

preview.png

I only want the quarters(20XXKW01-20XXKW04) XX = everthing from 2008 till 2016. The document has like 10.000 rows, not really looking forward to exclude all.

Hi @0xygen27,

You can use the following formula to get year.

Year=LEFT(Table[Periodin])

Then use the new calculated field in ALLEXCEPT.

Best Regards,
Angelia

preview.png

I only want the quarters(20XXKW01-20XXKW04) XX = everthing from 2008 till 2016. The document has like 10.000 rows, not really looking forward to exclude all.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.